Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tough Love

Andy and I are trying to work on Savannah's sleep. She will be 10 months old next week and we have had about 3 nights of full sleep.
We started on Sunday after church...she fell asleep on the way home but woke up as soon as I put her in her bed. I had in my head that we would not get her until 3 pm and since that was a little over an hour I didn't think she would cry the whole time. Well, was I wrong...my child has some lungs! But we didn't give in...at 3 pm we went in and got her and by 8 she was asleep for the night.
The past two days have been hard on both of us. When your child is screaming all you want to do is go in and get her...but we haven't so far. Last night she cried for about 30 minutes and fell asleep until 6 this morning.

So we will see...hopefully she will be sleeping through the night before we go to Alabama on Sunday!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is hard!! I can't imagine it from a mom's point of view, but as hard as it is for me to hear Jacob cry I know it's even harder for Sarah. Way to stick to your guns. It's better on them in the long run!! Better for you to get more sleep AND better for them!