Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

I love my giraffe

Around the Harvey household we love the Andy Griffin Show. After all Daddy is named after him! There is a famous quote from the show in which Barney Fife (Don Knotts) says "Giraffes are selfish."
Well, when Savannah was born we came home from the hospital to find a giraffe in her crib from Ma and Pa. We loved it and all started laughing saying how the giraffe was selfish sitting in the middle of Savannah's bed. To make a long story short...everytime we see a giraffe or the Harvey's see one we buy it for Savannah. I love it because when I was little my brother came me a bear and after that, there wasn't a bear I didn't have.

For Savannah's birthday Aunt Randi and Uncle Daryl gave her a potbelly giraffe. Andy and I thought it was the cutest thing but Savannah wasn't much for stuffed animals. However, we apparently were wrong. Mr. Giraffe has become her favorite thing. She sleeps with it, plays with it, and takes it everywhere. Yesterday morning I had changed her diaper and put her on the ground to play while I got her clothes for church. When I turned around I saw her reaching through her crib trying to get Mr. Giraffe out to take with her. Below are two pictures once she successfully got him out!



1 comment:

Randi Harve said...

I never thought she'd take to it like she has! But I'm so glad she loves it so much.