Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One week down!

Well, as many of you know Andy and I are both middle school teachers. We actually teach at rival schools and enjoy the rivalry when it comes to game time.






Here we are on the first day! The first week is very crazy around the Harvey household. I am a teacher as well as a coach which means that the 2nd day of school I start tryouts for volleyball. I leave the house at 6:10 am and return around 6:30 pm every day. This year our schools also moved from a block schedule (where we see our kids for 1.5 hours everyother day) to a 7 period a day schedule (we see our kids for about 45 min every day). To say that Andy and I are tired is an understatement.


The past two years we have had the privelege to have my Mother-in-love come and stay the first week of school with us. This allows the kids to stay home and enjoy Ma but also Mommy and Daddy don't have to fight with daycare and what not. The kids daycare is actually at an elementary school so the first couple days it is a huge mess with parents dropping their kids off for the first time.

I am so thankful for a Mother-in-love that wants to come and stay with us and help us out in that way. Every day when I came home dinner was ready and the kids were excited to see me. She did our laundry, washed bottles, made our beds, and watched the kids. She is Super MA! To top it off she got up with the cutest boy at night so that Mommy and Daddy could get some sleep.


Poor Bruce is having some skin problems so we were trying to get him to stop scratching.
It was a great week and although Ma is very tired she agreed to come next year and help out as well :) We love you Ma and already miss you!


Here's to another great school year!


No comments: