Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Scary but doing better

Well, yesterday scared me quite a bit. When I was getting my nails done I felt like I was going to faint and I began to black out and get very disoriented. Once I finally got a little better I was able to call Andy and get home.
Once Andy got home we called my Doctor and he told us he wanted us to come straight in. After going to Dr. Doss he was a little worried so he sent me to Labor and Delivery at St. David's. Neeedless to say when said that I started crying and got a little worried.
At St. David's they hooked up the fetal monitor and contraction monitor. Savannah was fine minus the fact she didn't like the monitor...every couple of minutes she would kick it and the heartrate would get lost. However, my blood pressure was very low and I began to feel like I was going to faint again. This worried them so they ran some blood work and kept me monitored for close to three hours. My blood pressure went up some but not exactly what they wanted.
After talking to my Doctor they decided I could go home but take it very easy. I have been told that I can't really go out into the heat much at all, drink lots of water, and lay on my side. It's not bed rest but I have to take care of myself. (which I tend to do a lot more than I should) Another fun thing is I am low on protein, which is very interesting because I love meat! So, I have to pee in a jug for 24 hours and then take it to the lab. FUN FUN!!!
We go back to my doctor tomorrow so we will see how I am then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew, not fun! I had once when my vision got really weird (big spots so I couldn't see much) and we had to go in, but everything was ok. Hope you are too!

If you need any help while you're trying to take it easy, let me know -- I could bring by a meal or pick up some groceries or something. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're okay. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for Savannah to be here. I think this was her way of saying, "Get ready..."

Take it easy girl. Love to the three of you.