Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The joys of home ownership

I love being and home owner...I mean not having to deal with someone above or below me, a parking lot, paying rent, not painted walls, etc.

However, there are some down sides. When Andy and I bought our house we had a list of things that we wanted to upgrade. Our "plan" was to redo our bathroom this summer and then maybe get hardwood floors in the winter or the following summer.

Well, funny thing about living in Texas. WEATHER!!! A couple of weeks ago we found out we had termites. Okay...$1400 for treatment and we needed to replace the deck. This was okay because it was one of the things we said we wanted to upgrade. (Andy is almost done and I will post pictures on Saturday night of the finished deck!!!) But nothing prepared us for the Hail storm last week and well yesterday we found out we have to get a new roof! Are you kidding?

No matter what I wouldn't trade it for an apartment. After all, God does say He will not give you any more than you can handle!!!

2 comments:

Gail said...

That said, right about now, I am glad we don't own,lol Hearing this, I am reminded we are not ready for the what ifs that happen, that as the owner we'd have to deal with. I convince myself we are ready, that we can handle it, than I read something like this, and realize we'd be so in over our heads.

Someday...

Robyn said...

At least insurance will cover the roof, right? We're waiting to hear what our claims adjustor has to say about our roof and siding, yuck.