Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rough week

It's been a rough week and it's only Wednesday. This past weekend Savannah had a lot of drainage and was coughing a lot. Since she is normally a happy baby when she is fussy it gives us a little concern. I called the pediatrician on Sunday night and she told me to set an appointment on Monday.

Well, I took Savannah to daycare in the morning and picked her up for the doctor at 12. I had been noticing for a couple of days that Savannah had been pulling at her ear but Andy and I didn't think anything of it. Man were we wrong. Savannah has an ear infection in both ears. So yesterday I stayed home with her and she was not herself. She wanted to be held but she was screaming because she was in so much pain. Let's just say I understand why Mom's look so drained when their child is sick!
She is doing much better today after a couple rounds of the antibiotic so I took her to daycare and so far I haven't gotten any emails of calls.

Another thing that has happened is my Papa has taken a little turn for the worse. For those of you who don't know I am very close to my Papa and he has been sick for sometime now. We have all prepared ourselves that Thanksgiving and Christmas were his last but I don't think I really understood what that would mean. Please keep my family in your prayers and also my papa. The doctors are trying to get his blood pressure up after suffering a minor heart attack on Monday.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ahhh - I'm sorry that she's not feeling well but glad she seems to be on the mend.

As for your papa - he and your family will be in my prayers.

The H Fam said...

I will be thinking about you and your family. Be safe on the road this week(end).

Rebecca said...

Clair,

My mom just filled me in. I'm so sorry for you and your family. If there's anything you need just let me know!