Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sleep...What is that?

I want to first start by thanking all the men and women who fight for our country and have died for our freedom. We wouldn't be where we are today if it was not for them!

Okay so our Memorial Day weekend.

We headed to Odessa on Thursday afternoon for Grannie's funeral. That is when it all started...our plane was late and then when we finally boarded the plane they told us that some screw was missing and we were getting off the plane to board another one. This meant we missed Grannie's viewing. Andy was pretty upset and trying to calm him down and handle Savannah was a chore in itself. We finally got to Odessa and the funeral went really well. Although it was a really hard day I think Grannie was happy knowing that all of us were together and celebrating life.

So funny things about Odessa: (this was my first time to go and I had a much different picture in my head)
- It is VERY FLAT!!!
- Permian is not the only school in Odessa (although I already knew this because my father in law graduated from Odessa High)
- Ratliff Stadium is in the middle of nowhere
- Apparently one inch of rain means that the city floods...and I mean we couldn't drive on some streets because they were covered in water!
- Rosa's is as good as I have heard

Saturday we got to the airport at 5 am thinking our flight left at 6:30 only to realize it really didn't leave until 7:30. As soon as we landed in Austin we headed to Dell Diamond to watch LT play Hutto for Regionals. The game was crazy and we won with a walk off BALK. When does that ever happen?

Sunday and Monday were supposed to be restful but somehow we found things to do.

All in All it was a good weekend despite some circumstances. Andy and I have not slept well in about two weeks due to many things but mostly Savannah is not sleeping well. Poor baby is cutting all 4 teeth on top at once.

We are so ready for summer... 8 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Those teeth are buggers.

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry that you've had such a rough time these past couple of weeks - between loss of grandparents, a sick and teething daughter and fun times at the airport!!

Man - I'm tired just writing it all out and I know I didn't get it all!!

It was really good seeing you Sat (still can't believe they won on a baulk!!) Will you be at the game on Sat in Corpus?