Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

House divided (well sort of)

As many of you know tomorrow is the National Championship for college football. As many of you also know I love sports and well Andy likes them to an extent!
This game is a big one for us being that we live in Austin, Tx and well I have always been a Longhorn fan. Plus, I know boys on the team. And the fact that Andy's parents live in Alabama and their money went to Alabama as my sister in law Amy and brother in law Rob went to the University of Alabama.
So who do we root for...well I am of course rooting for the Longhorns because well...they were my team first and I love Texas Football but a little piece of me is rooting for Alabama as well. However, I want TEXAS TO WIN!!! But Alabama wouldn't bad either. So here's to a great game or friendly family rivalry!


HOOK EM!

2 comments:

The Golden Family said...

Texas Fight! Texas Fight!
And it's goodbye to ALABAM!

Lisha said...

Thanks so much for your comment on our blog! Most of Elle's animal print clothes are from Crazy 8. This past year they had a whole line of giraffe clothes and I think between my mom and I we bought the entire collection. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale so we slowly accumulated a lot. I also buy a lot of her clothes at re-sale shops. There is one in particular that I love - it's in an upscale part of town so the clothes are name brands and in great shape - most with tags still on them. Macy's and Dillards also have amazing selections - but again - I don't buy it unless it's on sale. The cute giraffe outfit Elle wore to ring in the New Year was from the Nutcracker Market - craft show. The brand is Rag-a-Muffin Kids. There are also a lot of boutiques I frequent. When one of my favs had their end of summer sale, I loaded up on animal print stuff in larger sizes.

By the way - being a Texas girl born and bred but going to college at Ole Miss and learning to love the SEC - my heart is divided too. I'm going to have to say Hook'em Horns though! You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of a girl!!