Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Heart break

You will have to excuse the not so bubbly blog this morning as my heart is breaking for a family I don't even know.
As many of you know I love to stalk and look at others blogs. The number of people that blog is amazing! Most of the time people blog about their families in a way to keep record of all that is happening. My hope is that one day I can make a book for Savannah (and our others that come) to show her life through the eyes of me.
I found many blogs of people that I may not ever meet in real life but I get encouraged daily by their thoughts and words. Many of these people are Christians that are just trying to live God's will for there lives.

A couple of weeks ago I happened to find a blog for a very special little girl in the Houston area. Her name is Layla Grace and she is 2 1/2. At her 18 month check up her parents thought they were dealing with a picky eater but came to find out that she had a tumor wrapped inside her little body. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and not given a very strong outcome. Her parents, her sisters, and her family began to pray and started a blog to share the news and also as an outlet. Well, I am heart broken as I write this because little Layla Grace passed into eternity yesterday.
I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through. The thought of losing Savannah or any child that I know is causing me to cry as I type. However, I wanted to shine a little bit of light onto this because the parents are praising God even in the hardest times. They have said that it is all for God's glory. Wow! I am not sure I would be able to say that right after my child passed away.

This little girl who I will never meet has caused me to pray uncontrollably. She has reminded me how much I take for granted and how much to be thankful for. I have found myself closer to God the past three weeks because of her. So to the Marsh family and Layla, thank you for sharing your story! Thank you for allowing us into a very private part of your life!

Please keep the Marsh family in your prayers as they are now dealing with funeral planning. Their daughters Jenna and Claire are 9 and 3 and according to mom are having a very hard time with all of this as well.

And please remember to never take time with anyone for granted. It is all for God's Glory and He is in control!

You can read Layla's precious story at www.laylagrace.org

1 comment:

Randi Harvey said...

Thank you Claire! Layla's story has touched thousands of people, myself included.