Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Our weekend!

This weekend was actually pretty low key.  Saturday morning we went to eat breakfast with Ma at Kerby lane (sorry no picture) and then headed to the mall to get the kids new shoes for Christmas.  Or course we had to ride the carosel before leaving!
 Uncle Rob and Aunt Amy met up with us and Uncle Rob tried on the coat with elbow pads :)
 We headed downtown with them to the Armardillo Christmas Bazaar (again no picture) and enjoyed the time shopping around local Austin vendors.  We also were able to attend some friends Christmas party before we headed to do a tradition in the Harvey household. 
There is a street in Cedar Park that has an amazing lights.  Every house is lit up and they tell the Night before Christmas.  We have gone to this every year since Savannah was a baby and I love seeing both Savannah and Bruce's face this year!
 I am a sucker for Christmas lights.
 This is our last week at school before Christmas break.  On a serious note my heart is broken for the people of CT.  As a teacher and a mom there are no words to say.  But as a Christ follower I know that this tragedy is because of sin and I also know that it is my job to love and protect my students as well as my children.  I love my students (even the ones that drive me crazy) and it is my job to protect and love them.  So as I came to school today I said a little prayer for all of my students as well as their parents.  God is good all the time!
 
Now this week at the kids school is a fun dress up week.  Each day is something different and today was crazy hat day!
 are my kids not the cutest thing!
We have a lot of fun activities scheduled this week and I will be posting lots but tomorrow I will join the blogging community and have a day of silence for the victims and families of CT.

No comments: