Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sleeping

Tonight marks night 4 of Savannah sleeping in her own room. I have to say I am not as nervous as I thought I would be with her across the house.

Savannah is sleeping a good 6-7 hours at night now but when she goes to bed at 7 or 8 that means it is play time at 3-4am. So needless to say we are trying to keep her up later at night but she isn't having any of that yet!:)

However, I am blessed to have a husband that gets up with her and will let mommy sleep. Since I started back to work Andy and I opperate on a every other night rotation except no matter what he gets every Friday night and I get every Saturday night since he has to sing on Sunday morning. I have heard so many stories of Dads not doing anything at night and I must say my husband is not one of them!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

When Evan would wake up at 3 or 4 a.m. I'd feed him and put him back to bed. Does Savannah not let you do that? I know some babies won't go back to sleep, but Evan was always good about it.

Anonymous said...

If Roland gets up in the middle of the night, he will go back to sleep if I feed him...except if he gets up at 5am.

If he wakes at 5, it is all over, lol. So when that happens, it has 2 nights in row,urgh,lol,I feed him a small bottle of like 2 oz, and then even though he won't go back to sleep, I still put him back in his crib and just let him entertain himself, look in his crib mirror, talk to himself, listen to music, and then I let him out at 6am and feed him another 2 oz.

Dan works midnights, so by default I must do all night shifts!!!