Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

State Champs!!!

Last year at this time I remember driving to Waco for the Football State Championship between Lake Travis and Highland Park. Andy and I along with the rest of my family were sitting in Baylor stadium freezing as we watched the Cavs win a very close and nerve racking game. While at the game there was a little girl with red curly hair that was one of the prettiest girls I had ever seen. Her name "Savannah!" When I heard her mom say it I looked at Andy and asked him if he liked that name. He said yes that is sounded very good with Harvey.
FAST FORWARD A YEAR: We are at Baylor Stadium again for another state Championship between Lake Travis and Longview. With us all of our family and our beautiful red headed little girl named Savannah! Crazy how good God is.
Lake Travis did it again! Back to Back State Champions. What a awesome accomplishment. Now my dad has another one to add to his resume! If you don't know winning a state championship in Texas takes luck and talent. Many coaches will never get one in their lifetime. My dad won as the head baseball coach in 1989 and now has won as the asst. football in 2007 and 2008. WAY TO GO CAVS!!!!
Dad with Ryan, Addisyn, Savannah, and I before the game
The whole family after winning!
Take a look at #7 Garret Gilbert...you are going to hear his name a lot one day!

No comments: