Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Frustrated and Tired

Lately, Savannah has not been sleeping at all through the night. By sleeping through the night I mean about 4-5 hours without waking up. I have been given advice by so many people and books but in the end I know my baby and well she just isn't ready to sleep 10 hours at night. However, recently it has been an 1 1/2 tops of sleep. Let me just say this is wearing on Andy and I! Thank God I have a husband that is willing to switch nights with me. Let's just say we are in need of prayer...that Savannah will start sleeping better.

That is why I am tired...not really frustrated because lets be honest she is a baby and she needs Us. I am frustrated by what I read and heard on the news the other day. Apparently according to Bristal Palin "abstinence is not realistic." This made me very mad! Abstinence is realistic and it DOES happen. I know that not all people wait until marriage to have sex...and I am not be any means calling them bad people. But one thing that I was proud of is the fact that I waited until my wedding night to have sex and so did Andy. For her to say that it isn't realistic just upsets me. WHAT KIND OF A MESSAGE IS SHE SENDING TO TEENS?

Okay so that is my rant for the day :) Hope you all have a great day and please keep Andy and I in your prayers for Sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now the media is only putting out snippets of the interview. What confused me furthur is while saying abstinence is not realistic, she choice to also NOT talk about how she got pregnant, like did they use protection?, forget?, didn't want to, don't believe in?, etc. (according to snippets at least). If she is claiming abstinence is not realistic (which it IS possible,lol), than I feel it is even more irresponsible for her to ignore the topic of preventing pregnancy through other avenues...what was the pt of the interview then?< if abstinence is "not realistic," but she doesn't want to talk about other ways to try to protect/prevent.

In regards to the sleep, I will give no advice,lol. Have you spoke with her pedi? Ours gave me some great advice and it made it easier for me to follow their tips, being it was coming from a doctor. I also now know to not complain on the nights I only get 8 hrs straight from Roland at night,lol. We struggle with daytime napping if it makes you feel any better.

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Preach it Claire! I agree with you on the abstinence issue. It IS definitely possible, and Travis and I both waited. :)