Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Life as a Mom!

In my 5 short months of being a mom I have learned a lot! But nothing really prepared me for yesterday.

Sunday's are a little stressful with church but yesterday was something out of the ordinary. Savannah slept pretty good on Saturday night (meaning she slept 4 hours woke up and back to sleep for 4) but she was in a weird mood all morning. She was making a weird cry/scream sound until we got into the nursery. She seemed pretty content in church even laughing at a baby that wouldn't stop crying. I could tell she was getting sleepy so I put her in her stroller with her blanket and pacifier and she was fast asleep.

We were able to feed her cereal at church and go to lunch with the Higgins. At the resturant she began to make the weird noise again so we gave her a bottle and she feel asleep for her afternoon nap. After lunch Andy and I stopped by Babies R Us and then Andy headed to Kyle to take his friend Alex dinner (he had his appedix removed).

When Savannah and I got home I notices how dry her chin was so I put lotion on her face. This was a fight...she began to scream and go crazy. Once she calmed down we played on the floor for a little while and then she seemed was in her jumperoo thing while I washed dishes and cleaned up the house. Around 6 pm I gave her cereal for dinner and while I was wiping her face she began to scream some more. Well, then I saw that her chin and areas around her mouth were so dry she was bleeding. No wonder she was screaming her poor face was hurting! After calling Andy, my Mom, and the Pediatrician. We were told to apply two creams and then vaseline, to not let her have a pacifier tonight (by the way that is how she falls asleep) and to give her tylenol. Andy was on his way home and Savannah was ready for her night bottle. I got her into her PJs and started appling the cream...Bless her heart she was screaming and crying (real tears) all while trying to push my hands out of the way and kicking my chest. She cried herself to sleep after an hour of me holding her and rocking her.

Please just pray for her skin. She is so little and I know it burns. The daycare is applying vaseline today so I am hoping it looks 10x better this afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor girl. I hope it heals soon.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a speedy recovery for your sweet girl