Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Save time to Date

Louie Gigglio is an amazing man of God who has devoted his life to traveling around and speaking God's truth to college aged students.

In the fall of 2001 I went on my first trip with the BSM to a conference called Focus. Louie Gigglio and Chris Tomlin were supposed to be there and to be honest I had no idea who they were. Friday night when Louie got up to talk he about baggage in people's lifes and how God just wants you to lay it at his feet. While talking he was telling a story about his girlfriend of 20+ years and a date they had recently. Now, being a 18 year old college freshman who was hoping to find my husband in college I thought...really 20+ years and you still haven't asked her to marry you. I would be like HIT THE ROAD DUDE!
However, shortly after he started the story he said that the girlfriend he was referring to was actually his wife but they made it a pack that they would continue to date throughout their marriage. WOW, i thought and I remember thinking How cute!

Fast forward a year and I meet this red haired guy named Andy...we start dating...fall in love...break up...get back together...fall madly in love...get married...and start our lives.
During marriage counseling Andy and I talked about continuing to date while we were married specially once we were parents.

I am happy to say that after almost 4 years of marriage and 2 years of being parents we still date! Although our dates have changed from crazy adventures, to driving 2 hours one way to go see something, to movie/date, to Sonic we still find time to date one another. No, we don't go as often as we would like but when we get a chance we are gone.

So with Valentines going up...my parents said they would watch Savannah on Friday night for us to do whatever we would like. Then they called and said they got us tickets to a show in Fredricksburg.
Andy and I are so excited and we are actually going to spend the night in Fredricksburg. Mind you this is only the 3rd time I have been away from Savannah at night.

I am so excited to spend another Valentines with the love of my life!

If you still date your husband or you are dating in the austin area and have ideas for fun dates let me know...we are always looking for new places to go.
What are your plans for Valentines Day?

2 comments:

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Great post, Claire! I totally agree with you! We are going to Babies-R-Us and getting the stuff that we don't get at our last shower on Sunday. Haha, not a big big date, but I'm excited! :)

Gail said...

http://moremileage.uniroyaltires.com/e-books/family-fun-for-less/creative-date-nights-for-parents/