Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lots of Prayer

As I stated in my last blog I was a little disappointed in my last doctor visit. This really started to get to me and two nights ago it came crashing down. I started crying to Andy just not understanding why she wasn't dropping, what if Randi and Amy can't be here for the birth, I feel like I am a huge whale, etc. After praying about it a lot and having my husband comfort me and laugh at me, I have decided that God is in complete control.
I know most of you are saying..."Duh Claire!" But when you hear over and over again "Still no baby"..."Wow you are big"...or my favorite "She is going to be huge." It really starts to eat at you. I have decided that I am just going to let God have the control again and know that he knows her birthday and we will be so excited when that day comes. With that being said I will be starting inservice for teachers on Monday and I will start back to school the 25th unless something changes.
I am just amazed at how much God has given me! I have a wonderful husband, an amazing family, friends that support me, a house, and a nursery all ready for Savannah. Not to mention the fact that it is the coolest feeling to have her moving inside of me! I don't understand how women that are or have been pregnant can not believe in God!

Thank you for your prayers and we go back to the doctor Thursday morning. If nothing has changed I will just know that Savannah still needs to cook and that will be okay with me!

On a side note...she has started to take her toes under my ribs and kick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand!

I commend you for going back to work this late in the game. I struggle to even get myself to the bathroom,lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and so much for the "full moon theory," lol...well wait, this day still has 7 more hours in it,lol, anything could happen.

My son is like the boy who cried wolf. Today?, Tomorrow?, this week?...nothing. When it is time, I am not going to believe it.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!! Those last few weeks are rough, but you'll be through it all soon and you'll have your beautiful baby girl to show for it. Evan was 6 days early and I was still impatient -- and it felt like every time I saw someone they'd say something like "Getting bigger!!" or "He's not here yet?"

Fair warning: your hormones will go NUTS after she's born. When they do, just know it'll be ok in a week or two and any of your fellow moms (including me) will be more than happy to sympathize if you need a listening ear.

Anonymous said...

Claire, you are BEAUTIFUL pregnant!