Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Five weeks old!

Well today Savannah is five weeks old! I can hardly believe that this time five weeks ago I was just hoping she wouldn't be a September 11th baby! This also means that my six week maternity leave is coming to a close and I am not ready!
On Friday we are going on our first road trip with Savannah. This will be tell us how she will do at Christmas when we travel to Alabama by car! We are heading to Dallas to meet some of the Kinnan family and I must say I am so excited! It is so fun to show her off and hear people say that Andy and I did good. Although really God did good! (Side note: I really don't know how people can't believe in God when they have a little one!)
This week I finally took some advice from Robyn and Melissa. I packed up Savannah in her stroller and we went for a walk on Monday to Walgreens. She did great and seemed to really enjoy the outside.

One last thought or really question: When you are not breastfeeding and your baby is five weeks old why does your milk still continue to come in!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your milk will continue to "trickle" in for about 2 months after you give birth. Did you put cabbage leaves in your bra when your milk first came in? That will dry them up VERY well. Also, if you are wearing nursing pads to keep the milk from leaking on your shirt, that tends to draw the milk out and leave the body to produce more. Getting back on the pill (which your doctor should start you on next week) will help some too. Just hang in there, because recovery is kind of a LONG process, it seems as though your milk will NEVER dry up. Oh! and don't be tempted to mash on them in the shower or to let them leak. The longer that any milk comes out, the longer it will take to dry up. I made the mistake of letting Lilly try to breast feed once, and only once. It took me an extra month longer to dry up than it did Gracie.

Robyn said...

Glad you enjoyed the walk! Going outside is an immediate fussy baby cure for me -- the trees and the sky are just so interesting that he stops crying. :)

gsv said...

Have you tried ice packs? Avoid hot showers and any stimulation (he he).

I must say I kind of miss my milk, I went from totally volumptous to now deflated.

Walks are great. Roland loves them. We are even known to go on a walk at 6am on wild and crazy mornings...