Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Trying to get on a schedule

Today I decided that I needed to work on getting Savannah on a schedule. I must say I didn't do a very good job. Although there were some goals that I started to accomplish:
1. Savannah sleeping in her own room...Andy and I are not ready for her to be in there at night but I decided that I needed to start getting her used to sleeping in her crib. So during her morning nap she slept for about an hour in her own room. I tried my hardest to just use the monitor although I did go check on her a couple of times.
2. I finally did it! I got Savannah in her stroller and we went for a walk. We walked to Walgreens to print some pictures and back.

I am happy to say that I am working on it. Although this afternoon both Savannah and I took a nap in our bed (I said I am working on it!)

Savannah is officially a month old and I can't believe it. I go back to work in two weeks and although I said I would never want to be a stay at home mom...I am not sure how I am going to leave my baby for 8-9 hours a day! At least I get holidays and summer off! This weekend Andy and I will head to Dallas to see my family and for Savannah to meet the Kinnan family :)

Below is a picture of Savannah from church on Sunday. Amy and I loved the bonnet although Daddy was not fond of it!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bonnet! Little girls were made to wear them.

gsv said...

I initially tried to have him nap in his crib, but now I am at a place where I just want him to nap...somewhere!...anywhere! (well besides in the carseat)...it is actually not an issue of falling asleep, as much as an issue of staying asleep. Scheduling has been quite the challenge for us. Roland does not get the concept of naps, let alone napping around the same time every day.

If Roland slept in our bed, I would crush him,lol. I do enjoy him in the bassinet next to my side of the bed though. I know I will go thru withdraw when he gets too big for the bassinet, which is soon, being he is now about 11 lbs.

We put Roland down to sleep in his crib each night around 8pm and he will usually sleep a good 7-8 hours in there (though my husband is up and working in the home office from midnight on which I think makes this a little easier on me that Roland is sleeping at night in his own room). Then I transfer him into the bassinet i our room when he wakes up to feed around around 3/4am.

Sisters Lose 100 said...

You totally don't know me, but I saw your blog through Ashley's and noticed our daughters have the same bedroom....I just love the ladybugs, I painted them all over her wall!!:) Glad to see someone else enjoy the pink and brown!