Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Thursday was my mother in law's birthday and Amy and I have had something up our sleeve since Christmas.
Thursday night Amy, Savannah, and I hit the road for Alabama! We made it to Lake Charles and decided to find a hotel to stay at for the night. That was a fun adventure! :) We got a hotel about 12:15 and I think we were all asleep by 12:45. The next morning all 3 of us were up, ready, and out the door by 7 am! We drove the rest of the way to Mobile and went to Ruby Tuesdays. My father in law said he would get Ma to the restaurant by 12:30. She had no idea and when they pulled up the cutest little red head went running to her Ma! Ma was so excited and took a minute to believe it was us!

SURPRISE MA!!!



Savannah with her Pa and Ma!


Mommy and Savannah waiting on Ma!


Pa was working all weekend trying to get the house ready to put on the market...man we are going to miss that house! When Savannah woke up from her nap on Friday she wanted to help Pa so she held his flashlight!

Playing Frisbee

Reading with Aunt Randi and baby Amos! Yes, that is right they are PREGNANT!!

Playing with Uncle Daryl!

Loving on Aunt Amy!

Backyard Therapy!





We had a great time in Alabama! It was sad to leave because although the drive isn't my favorite, we love the house and the yard. My in laws are moving back to Texas which I am SO EXCITED ABOUT! However, lots of memories were made at the Alabama house and I will always remember it because it is where we spent Savannah's first Thanksgiving and Christmas!
You may not care but somethings I will always remember about this house are:
- sitting on the porch talking
- Savannah swinging in the front yard
- The shutter doors (just ask any of us!)
- Getting ready for Randi and Amy's weddings
- Grannie and Granjack's face when we came in the house at Thanksgiving!
- Playing badminton in the backyard
- Playing Wii
- The great HOT showers
- Lots of talks at the table!
As you can tell we have loved Alabama and love spending time there! So Happy Birthday Ma! Hope it was great!
And by the way Amy and I drove 24 hours in the car together without falling asleep or any fights! I love my sister-in-laws and although we are all different in many ways our love for each other and support is something I wouldn't trade for the world!







No comments: