Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Who am I?

I was reading one of my blogs lately and the woman realized that she always posts about her children and husband and not about herself. I read probably 15 blogs and I absolutely love them...some of them I know and some I don't. I love how real some of these women are...this particular blogger is a mom of 3 and her baby (2 years old) was diagnosed with a heart condition in utero. The little girl had a transplant a year ago and her blog is just the day in the life.
I started this blog in an effort to keep family and friends that are far away updated on our life with Savannah. But I find myself wanting to be more real on this blog and not just share the big things but the little things as well. So with that being said you may see some posts that don't have pictures (although I have the cutest little red head and I will probably still put up pictures ;)) and are just me being real!

So here is the first one!

WHO AM I?
- I am a child of the Living God!!

- I am a family person
- I am a wife (Andy - almost 5 years!)
- I am a mother of 1 with 1 on the way (Savannah 2 years, Bruce in utero 6 months)
- I am a daughter (Roy and Liz ~ amazing parents!)
- I am a daddy's girl
- I am a sister (Ryan is my older brother and I love him!)
- I am the baby in the family
- I am a granddaughter (I have had the blessing of KNOWING all 4 of my grandparents)
- I am a cousin ( 13 on one side with 3 almost 5 children and 7 on the other side)
- I am a daughter in law (I LOVE my in laws and love spending time with them)
- I am a sister-in-law (But really I just call them my sisters and brothers!)
- I married into an amazing family with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins that haven't ever acted like I wasn't always here :)
- I am a middle school teacher and coach
- I am a sports loving girl who doesn't like to lose at ANYTHING!
- I love to be outside
- I love hanging out with friends (Old and New)
- I live in Austin (have for almost 18 yrs except 5 in college)
- I love to take road trips!
- I love to roll my windows down and blare my music
- I love to go to movies (although we don't get to much)
- I am a music pastors wife
- I am a tomboy but love to be a girly girl at the same time! :)
- I love Country music! (in fact I told Andy before they stop touring I want to see Dolly and Reba)
- I am a die hard Cowboy and Astros fan (yes I know they aren't always great :))
- I am a animal person as long as they aren't mine :)

So that list was easy...this is a little deeper

- I struggle with prayer and reading my bible daily
- I struggle with change...really I hate it!
- I hold grudges...I hate to admit this one but you can do a lot to me but when you hurt my family I don't really forgive
- I consider myself a strong person and will take charge but then sometimes I feel like it is way to much and people don't like that about me
- I talk a lot and I know it can be annoying
- I struggle with my looks and my weight
- I struggle with what people think of me
- I struggle with disciplining Savannah and soon Bruce...it is so hard sometimes!
- I struggle with gossip

I am sure I could list a lot more things but for the most part that is me. I want you to know that I love my life and am so blessed! God has given me so many people in my life that mean the world to me and I could never thank him enough. Over the next couple of weeks I think I am going to post about the different things listed above. I can't wait to see what comes out of that but I hope you will stay tuned and enjoy.
And just for those out there that are like...wait Claire what about Savannah and Andy. Oh don't worry all their posts as well as updates on Bruce and our life are coming too. I mean who can resist talking about this cutie!!

No comments: