Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Blessed!

At church on Sunday, Brady, our pastor talked about parenting. Brady talked about the different roles and things parents should be teaching their children. When asked how many people like to go back to their parents or in-laws there weren't a lot of hands that went up.
Andy and I are so blessed by our parents. As Brady was talking I thought about all the people that don't really care for their parents or in-laws and I thought it was so sad. We love spending time with our parents and having them come over and spend time with us.

My parents have been married for 36 years and are still very much in love. They raised my brother and I under a Christian roof with strong morals and accountability. We knew when they said something they meant it and even if we got in trouble they would still love and support us. Sports was a huge part of our lives and although we had crazy schedules we made time for each other and were always there for each other. My parents taught me what it meant to be a Godly Woman, Wife, and Mom.

When Andy and I got engaged and married my parents accepted him into our family with open arms. In fact before we found a church our parents were are only friends in Austin :)

My in laws are just as amazing as my parents. They have been married 30 years and taught Andy to be a Godly Man, Husband, and Dad. Although for the first part of our marriage they lived in Alabama they were always willing to make the 11 hour drive to help us out if anything happened. They have accepted me into their family as if I am their 3rd daughter and don't add the in law onto the end when introducing me :) I love spending time with them even without Andy!


Our parents have turned into our best friends and the people we call in times of need. I know that I can pick up the phone and call any of them at any time and they will be there!

Our parents are now teaching Andy and I what it means to be amazing Grandparents. They love our babies more than anything and are always willing to watch them!

After listening to Brady's sermon I can honestly say that our parenting skills were learned from 4 people that got it right! They love us unconditionally, are always supportive, and only a phone call away!

Thank you Daddy and Mom, Dad and Momma Harvey! We love you and can never tell you how much you mean to us! We love you all so much!

A special thank you to Momma Harvey for being at our house for 2 weeks to help in any way possible while I am out with my knee. We would be lost without you!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So, so sweet! It's such a great example and so heart filling to know you have this kind of support system and family. :)