Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Homecoming Week!

Andy and I are very fornutate and blessed to work for Lake Travis ISD. It is a one high school community that loves sports and supports each other. We love working out here and enjoy many activities. One of the huge activities that the community enjoys is Homecoming week!

Homecoming means Dig Pink, Dress up Days for school, Homecoming Parade, Homecoming peprally, Senior VB night, and of course the game!

Warning: LOTS OF PICTURES!!

Tuesday: The annual Dig Pink night. Our volleyball team has a Dig Pink night and raises money to support Breast Cancer. They decorate the gym, wear pink, sell shirts, raffle a pink I-pod, and honor those fighting and surviving breast cancer. This year it was extra special for me as we lost our dear friend Lisa to her fight with breast cancer.


Our Volleyball team hasn't lost a game this year! We are on a role and hoping to win our 2nd state championship. The girls on this team I absolutely love! They were my 7th and 6th graders my first year at LTMS!

Sorry the pictures were taken with my I-Phone...Savannah loved all the pink and the volleyball game. Bruce was over stimulated but did great!

Wednesday is the big day around LT! This year LT is celebrating 30 years as a district! Each school participates by having a spirit week and dressing up each day. Our theme for our float was 80's so it is only natural that our staff dress up!

Some of the awesome people I work with! By the way did you know that leg warmers are coming back!
One of the best parts about working at LT is that my dad is the head baseball coach. That literally means that we work right next to each other and see each other almost everyday! I am a huge Daddy's girl so I love it!

Wednesday night is the big homecoming parade and pep rally!



Bruce loves his Papa!


I love to get Savannah all dressed up for the parade! Papa bought her a mum which she will be wearing on Friday night. I have taken a huge interest in Pintrest lately and I decided my first project would be Savannah's homecoming tutu...I think it turned out okay...I will NOT use glitter toille again!


My cute babies in their LT gear!











The baseball team decided to not have a float this year. Instead they made bags of candy and handed it out the crowd before the parade and then sat next to the field and watched. This was perfect since Mommy has a hurt knee. The kids love Papa's golf cart!

This little cutie had WAY to much candy!

Bruce once again loved to see everything

More candy


He looks tired!


Savannah went with Papa and the boys to hand out candy

One of these is not like the other! Savannah loves the baseball boys and I think they like her :) She would get cande from one and then go to another and another and another.

Bruce finally had enough fun!


After the parade we all make our way up to the top football field for the pep rally. Normally we have fire works but with the drought and all the fires they decided to not have it this year :)
We still have Mommy's big volleyball game tonight and of course the game tomorrow!


This week has also been a busy week for Daddy. He has been trying hard to complete a 20 page paper for grad school and we are happy to say that after 2 all nighters he is done! Last night he came home after band practice and was asleep by 10 and Bruce only woke up 1 time!!!!

We are so looking forward to Saturday when we plan to stay around the house all day!!!

No comments: