Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thoughts

As I sit here on January 15, 2013 I have a lot of things going through my mind.  Every year I try to make resolutions and every year I feel like I have forgotten all about them by the time March rolls around. 
Some of you may know but in May of 2012 my mom and I started a weight loss program.  My sole purpose of this was I was tired of feeling fat and always talking about "starting next Monday."  Well at the end of 2012 I was down 48lbs.  A week ago I restarted the program and my goal is to drop about another 40 lbs.  But this week it hit me...Why am I doing this?  Other than I want to feel good and be healthier the fact that has hit me square in the face is My Body is a Temple of God!  So with that fact or revelation I have a renewed energy towards my diet and my lifestyle in 2013.  No, I will not be perfect and yes there will be weeks that I eat complete crap.  But my goal at the end of 2013 is to look back and say that overall I treated my body as a Temple of God. 
Savannah and Bruce have been some what of a hand full the past week or so.  I am not sure if it our crazy schedule for the past couple of days, the return to normalcy, or just the luck of the draw. But I feel like all Andy and I do is discipline and get frustrated.  Then Monday night while I was praying God reminded me of my sin.  As I sat there and began to think how easy it would be if Savannah and Bruce would just obey and follow our rules God opened my eyes to how he feels with me sometimes.  No, he doesn't hate me but some times (most times) he gets frustrated and has to discipline me because I am not following his lead and obeying his rules. 
This week our church is doing a 3 day fast, prayer, and worship time called Prepare 2013. A couple of questions that I have had to ask myself through this time is:
Do I crave God?
Do I have a passion for His Word?
Do I long to talk to Him or spend time with Him?
Unfortunately my answer has been No to these questions. So this year I will not make resolutions but instead I will change my lifestyle to make my body, heart, and soul a Temple of God!

No comments: