Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Aunt Amy is 24!




Sunday was Amy's 24th brithday! Although we live literally 5 minutes from each other we are all so busy that we don't get to see each other as much as we would like! A couple of weeks ago Amy called about doing something for her birthday and she seemed bummed that it won't be a big deal.


Birthday's are a HUGE deal to me and I literally have a countdown until my birthday every year. I know I am weird! So when I talked to Amy and we were trying to cordinate her birthday I was a little upset that it wasn't working out the way we both wanted.


Well, last week Rob called me and it just so happened that our weekend plans had changed. We both started throwing ideas off of each other and he really wanted to make it special but also keep in a surprise. Of course, me being a huge birthday person I loved the idea. I love surprises! So we started our plan.


The plan was that Saturday I would go over and help decorate the apartment, then we would meet Rob and Amy and their friends at Chuy's and go back to their apartment for cake afterwards. BTW I think I talked more to Rob on the phone in two days than I had in four years :)


Friday afternoon I got a call from my future brother in law - Daryl. I thought this is odd and hoped nothing was wrong. When I answered he asked what are plans were and told us that Randi and him were going to drive in from FLORIDA to surprise Amy. HOLY CRAP!!! I was so excited...Saturday Rob also informed me that his sister and mom were also coming to surprise!


We pulled it off and Amy was so excited! I told the table that she would probably cry and I was right! We love Amy so much and are so happy we were able to celebrate with her! Here are some fun pictures!


All the Harvey kids

Daryl, Randi, Amy, Rob, Savannah, Claire, and Andy!


This was right after she saw Randi...I tried to get the look on her face when she noticed but she started running and my camera didn't work that fast. She was so excited to see Randi!


Randi and I waiting for the surprise. I am so blessed that I married into a family with two great sisters!


Here are a couple of pictures of Saturday before the party...Amy didn't know any of us were coming so we hung out at the house. Savannah loved Randi and Daryl being there! In fact she started crying on Sunday when we pulled out saying Dare Dare and Wandy!

Daryl taught Savannah how to pillow fight...THANKS DARYL!!




Let me tell you he is going to make one great DAD! He was crazy all weekend!



I didn't take a lot of pictures during the excitement of the weekend but we had a blast and I am glad that Randi and Daryl arrived safely back in Florida on Sunday night!


2 comments:

Pa Harvey said...

I see Savannah taught Daryl how to jump into the ball pit. Ha! Great pictures. Wish we could have been there.

Amy said...

Uhm.......I LOVE YOU! Best birthday EVERRRRRRR!!!