Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

My 2nd mothers day was great! Trying to get a picture with Savannah sitting still well...

I love living in the same city as my parents! My mom is an amazing women and I am so blessed to call her mom! She works so hard to give all of us everything we want and before I was a mom I took a lot of it for granted! When I was in high school my mom and I never saw things the same way, as I got into college our relationship changed. She was the one that I would call for help with papers, if I was struggling with friendships, if I needed prayer, and when I just needed to hear that I was supported! My mom is now one of my best friends and I will call her just to talk about my day or to see how her's is going. My mom has been there for me in the good times and bad and has always been in my corner. I love my mom and I am so thankful that Savannah has a Nana like her!


My Mother in law is another special woman in my life! She accepted me as her own when Andy and I were dating and that meant the world to me! When Andy and I broke up she even told him that if he didn't get back together with me than she would just adopt me herself. I am so blessed to call her Momma Harvey and my friend! I love you Momma Harvey and Savannah loves her Ma!

I wanted to leave you with a poem that I thought was so true! Hope all the mom's had a great day and for all my friends that struggled with the day I want you to know that I am praying for you and love you. Savannah has so great aunts!!!

Before I was a Mom,

I never tripped over toys

or forgot words to a lullaby

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous

I never thought about immunizations

Before I was a Mom,

I had never been puked on.

Pooed on

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.

I slept all night!

Before I was a mom,

I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.

Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,

I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.

I never feld my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never know I would love being a mom

Before I was a Mom,

I didn't know that feeling of having my heart outside my body

I didn't knoe how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby

I didn't know that bond between mother and child

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy

Before I was a Mom,

I had never gotten up in the middle of the night

every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment, or the satisfaction of being a Mom!

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom!


1 comment:

Karyn said...

Love the poem!!! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!