Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas in Dallas

I am so fortunate to have a great family on all sides. We still try to get together with my entire Mom's family and Dad's family during the Holidays. This year we did Christmas before with my side of the family. Hope you enjoy the pictures...there are lots of them!

After the football game we went out to eat with my Mom's family and then went back to my Aunt Karen's to sing, play games, talk, and open presents.
We have a tradition in our family of reading the story of Jesus' birth followed by singing "Come on Ring those Bells." We all get our own bells and sing...this year we also sang some old Christmas hymns.

My Mom and Savannah signing songs...


Some of the family around the piano

Addisyn and Savannah ringing their bells...they look tired but they really did enjoy it.

The penguin and Santa having a dance off...long story but it was funny!

On Sunday Andy had to go back to Austin for church...he drove back Saturday night and then back on Sunday afternoon.

I had the pleasure of going to church with my brother...It was amazing to see how God is working in his life through all of his trials this year.

After church we met my parents and the girls (my neice Addisyn and Savannah) at Rainforest Cafe. At first Savannah wasn't exactly sure about it but she got used to it. However, she is her mother's child...as soon as the tree frog came out she freaked out and held on for dear life!
They got reindeer hats

Ryan and Addisyn outside of the resturant

After lunch we took the girls to the Polar Express...basically a show and then they get to ride on a real train to the North Pole. They had a great time and I must say I had fun myself.

With Santa in their matching PJ's

Signing on stage before the train...as you can see Savannah wasn't so sure.


On the train...dancing and singing along with everyone


On Monday we took the girls to the Gaylord Texan to experience ICE. The inside of the hotel is decorated beautifully. Here are the girls in a sled in the main lobby.

Elfinator at the Texan...it was fun but probably not worth the money. The girls enjoyed it so that is what matters. Basically you walk in the room and all of the sudden you are an elf and everything is much bigger than you.

Getting ready to become an elf...wonder what a prego elf looks like

Sitting in Santa's chair

They were acting like Rudolph

ICE at the Gaylord Texas was Charlie Brown this year. It was a LONG DAY and I am not sure if we will do it next year. Savannah had fun but she was so cold and hated that her hands couldn't fit out of the jacket...she also was so tired! Here are two pictures we got.

AFter Ice we did Christmas with my Dad's family but I was having so much fun laughing that I totally forgot to take any pictures!

No comments: