Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bruce Ryan Harvey!

Bruce Ryan Harvey made his first appearance into the world on May 6, 2011 at 9:01 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz and is 20 inches long!

Look how small he looks! This is my favorite wall in his nursery and will always remind him who he is named after :)

The day we left the hospital...Daddy was sporting his Bruce Springsteen shirt

Okay so if you are wondering I am going to recap his birthday! This is more for me to remember so here goes:
Andy and I left the house Friday morning at 5:40 (a little late) to be at the hospital at 6 am for the induction. On our way we were talking about what it is going to be like to have two children, what he will look like, and praying that the labor goes fast and smooth. As we exited the highway and were waiting at the light we got rear ended. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! To top it off she didn't have insurance and we had to chase her down because she didn't stop. Let's just say she had words expressed to her by a very prego woman and a not so happy Daddy!
When we got back in the car we both decided to calm down and just enjoy the day!

Once in the hospital we checked in and they got my IV ready. Dr. Doss came in to check and I wasn't even at a 1. His words to Andy and I were...well I will come back at 12 and see if we have progressed, if not we will try again next week. Umm no we are doing this today. Andy and I prayed and we began potcin.

Around 11 I was feeling contractions and we were just waiting until Dr. Doss came in. My parents, Andy parents, and Savannah were with us. Once Dr. Doss came in he said I had progressed and he went ahead and broke my water...I was so excited because that meant we were having this baby! However, I was only at a 3 so we knew it would be a while. I was in a lot of pain so we decided to order the epidural.


Let me just tell you...my body and epidurals aren't friends. With Savannah I had to get 3 epidurals so they know it would be a hard stick as they called it. Well, I will spare you the details but after 2 hours, lots of pokes, 2 doctors, 2 nurses, and 2 different epidurals I was comfortable!

My dad had to leave for his baseball game and we all decided it would be best for Andy's parents to leave with Savannah for a nap. We figured we were in for a long night. My Mom, Andy, Jill, Rob and Amy were all hanging out with me in the room until around 5 when we knew Dr. Doss would be by soon and they should go get food. When Dr. Doss came by at 5:30 I was at a 5-6. I was so bummed...my Mom and I thought well Bruce may be born on the 7th instead of the 6th.


Andy and I both decided we would try to take a nap and my nurse from the morning came on for the night shift. She was great and let me know we were going to do this today. When I woke up from my short nap I told my nurse I was in some pain and pressure and she said she would call Dr. Doss. He came in around 7:30 (we had just turned on my Dad's baseball game to listen :)) When Dr. Doss checked me he said well...we are ready to push. Andy and I looked at each other and were shocked. I started crying because I was so happy and shocked!

Our parents and friends came back into the room and we told them to be ready. They left the room and I pushed for the first time. Well, Bruce's heart rate dropped so we stopped, put oxygen on me, and decided it was time to labor down and we would try to push in about 30 minutes.

Well, after 30 minutes I pushed once and my nurse told Andy and I to relax and we were going to call Dr. Doss. I knew that meant it was time. When Dr. Doss came in I pushed one time and I heard him say "Hey little guy!" I asked Andy..."Is he out?" He sure was!

We were so excited and happy. God had blessed us with another beautiful baby and we are so in love. Stay tuned for more posts on Big Sister, Visitors, and Decisions.

1 comment:

Jenna Schmoekel said...

Thank you for sharing your story!! :) I love to hear about little one's coming into the world. You are such a good mommy! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! :)