Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

I'm with the band...or Daddy!

Sunday's are always an interesting morning for our family.  Since Andy is the worship pastor at our church and we are a mobile church he leaves the house by 7:15-7:30 every Sunday.  I make sure I get my shower before he leaves but I am normally in a robe and barely awake when he leaves and the kids are still sleeping. 
Some mornings I am totally spent and very frustrated when we are walking out the door.  After all I have a almost 4 year old and almost 1 year old on my hands.  Yesterday, we had one of those mornings where I just didn't even want to go to church because I was so frustrated but I was working children's so out the door at 9 am we went.  I may have told Savannah to just get in the car and not talk until we get to church and I may have been hoping that Bruce would just fall asleep so the cranky ness would go away!
Our entire way to church was quiet...Savannah was pouting and Bruce fell asleep :). Remember I told Savannah no talking until we got to church...well fast forward 20 minutes and I am turning into the church parking lot and she screams!  Picture me almost crashing into the fence because she scares me half to death!  I ask her WHAT???  Her reply..."I get to see Daddy and I am going to tell him what you said!"  This is followed by a smile from the mean Mommy and Bruce saying Dada Dada! 
Savannah couldn't wait to get into the building and as soon as Bruce saw Daddy he was off.  With in a few minutes he was on stage dancing and Savannah was dancing away as well.

My children love their Daddy and I love my husband!  Sunday mornings make me appreciate my husband so much more!  I am not sure if Savannah actually told Andy what I said but seeing them dancing to the music and smiling at Daddy as he praised our God made the horrible morning disappear!

No comments: