Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How did we meet

By the way I started this yesterday but finished it today


One of our pastor's wife's, Stephanie, has this segment or blogment every Wednesday and today I felt like I needed to write one about my Husband!

When you are growing up you are often asked what do you want to be when you grow up? My answer was always a teacher, wife, and mother. I always knew what I was supposed to do and what I felt like God had created me for.
When I started college I was determined to not date anyone until I knew they were the one. I even prayed and ask God to be very clear when he wanted me to date. I made a pact with Him saying that I won't date and focus on you and when "the one" comes along he will say specifically..."Claire, I see God in you!"


Easy right? Well, then about a month into college a guy that I had hung out with a couple of times asked me out on a date. He was nice and then after the first date he asked me to be his girlfriend. I thought, sure, Why not? Well, after about 3 dates he told me he loved me and wanted to marry me. HANG ON! We have just gone out on a couple dates and well I don't want to say I love you! So when Christmas break approached I quickly broke up with him as I left the dorm for home. (by the way...he lived in my dorm...awkward when you come back after being gone a month :))

So there I was in my second semester as a freshman in college and I was very involved in the BSM. One day I remember thinking Come on God show him...after all I am supposed to meet him here! Well, God had another plan. He wanted me to become completely fulfilled in Him! That semester and summer I spent time in the word and became very content with just being Claire and not really looking for anyone.

When I returned to college in the fall I was so excited about BSM, living with my friend, and just enjoying a little more freedom again! The BSM had a carpool set up for incoming freshman and transfer students each Sunday to take them to local churches. The 2nd Sunday of school my roommate and I pulled up to the BSM and saw this guy and girl arguing about who knows what. I remember thinking...someone needs to tell that boy to cut his hair. It was a red fro! (not kidding and somewhere I have pictures!)

Needless to say they didn't get in the car with us. That next week that red headed fro boy came walking into the BSM again and this time he was hanging out with one of our friends Landon. Sometime that week Landon and fro boy (yes, I called him that for a while) started coming to our dorm and hanging out. A group of us would meet up for lunch and fro boy started coming. One week he told us he had broken up with his girlfriend, not thinking anything of it we said okay and went throughout our day.


The following weekend Landon, Andy (fro boy) and our friend Josh decided they were going to drive to Waco for a concert and back. That night around 2 am dorm room phone rang...it was Andy and Landon saying they had a surprise for us and to come outside. Although every ounce of my body wanted to sleep I decided why not...as we walked to the front door I say Landon with bleach blond hair and then I saw Andy with a BLACK FRO!! Are you kidding me we woke up for that? My roommate and I just stood there and then turned back around and walked to our room.

The next morning Andy called to see if I wanted to come help him paint an office at the BSM. I must admit I was developing a little crush but I wasn't going to date and boy again without God's help and I certainly wasn't going to date a boy with a black fro. If you have ever met my father you would know, why! While on the phone he asked me if I liked his hair...um no! I was a little nicer than that but I think I remember saying you have beautiful red hair what were you thinking! I decided that after lunch I would swing by the BSM just to say hi. When I walked in I saw Andy with short bleached hair. He looked so cute! His response to me was "Hey...some girl told me this morning that my hair didn't look great so I decided to change it...what do you think?"

That evening our group of friends went out to eat and we got into a deep conversation about God. No idea where it came from but there we were talking about our walks with God and our testimonies. As Andy walked me back to my dorm with a couple of other people he was talking and he wanted to tell me something. As we got close to my door he looked me in the eyes and said "Claire, I just want to tell you that I see God in you." Then he told me that was all and he would see me in the morning. WHAT!!!!! Needless to say I didn't sleep much that evening and God and I had a huge pow wow!

To finish a rather long blog...Andy and I started dating November 1, 2002. We broke up in June of 2004. Got back together in Feb. of 2005. Engaged in November of 2005. And married in July of 2006.

If you are interested I will probably talk about the above paragraph in the next couple of weeks of Wedded Wednesday! If you were completely bored...sorry!

No comments: