Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wedded Wednesday


When Andy and I were engaged and going through marriage counseling we talked a lot about what it would be like when we had children. We knew we wanted at least 3 if not 4 and that we would raise them much like our parents did...in the church, disciplined, and able to adapt.


I have taken much pride in the fact that Savannah is an easy going child and she just goes right along side us. For those of you that know us, you know we have very busy schedules. Very rarely do we have a free night during the week. On the rare occasion that we do we like to stay home and just be the 3 of us! We love our lives and wouldn't trade it for the world. During the summer we aren't' as busy and enjoy spending time together at home.


Lately, I have wondered if we will get as lucky with Bruce as we are with Savannah. Savannah will sleep anywhere and loves to be at my games as well as Papa's. Don't get me wrong we have meltdowns but I am also a believer in spanking and/or leaving if we need to. But I wonder about what it will be like with 2. Will Bruce be easy going or will we have our work cut out for us? Will Savannah adapt to not being an only child and only grandchild?


Another thing that is very important to Andy and I is dates. We don't go on as many as we would like and most of the time it is about a month in between. But we do still make a point to go out on dates and enjoy just the two of us time. In fact tonight we are so excited to go to the Round Rock Express vs. Rangers game. (remember we sometimes fill our free nights :)) just the two of us with some friends. Originally Savannah was going to the game with us but my parents said they would like to take her to dinner! And this weekend, although Andy is working it, we have our MissionAll retreat for church and Savannah is staying home with Andy's dad. This will be the longest time I have been away from Savannah since she was born. I have been away for 1 night but not 2! I am excited and a little nervous. She will do great but how will Mommy be by Sunday morning?


So all this rambling is to ask a couple questions:

- If you have two children...some advice?

- How do you and your husband find time with kids to take a date night?

- Am I worrying over nothing?

No comments: