Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Retreat weekend and weekend with Pa!

This weekend Andy and I had the opportunity to go on the MissionAll retreat that our church put on. The main focus of this was to teach us how to me missionaries. It was a great weekend for both Andy and I. One thing I realized was that I have not been very intential about doing my part spreading the word of God. I hope and pray that I can take what we learned this weekend and start putting into practice. Another great thing about the retreat was getting to be childless and getting to know some new people. I love our church and the people. God has blessed us with a great group of friends but this weekend I also wanted to get to know some that I don't really talk to. Since Savannah stayed home we were able to stay up late and hang out with people. Andy even played basketball (or attempted too) with the guys! While Andy and I were at the retreat, Savannah stayed home and spent the weekend with Pa! I tried to not call or text to many times and Pa did a great job of sending me photos and updates. Savannah had a great time and may have played her Pa some but thats what grandparents are for...Right? Here are a couple text pictures I got this weekend: About to ride the train at the mall...look how grown up she looks! Saturday night with Aunt Amy...Savannah has her PJ's on and her new boots...sorry the picture is so dark! I was so excited to get home on Sunday and see Savannah. Of course we had to have some milk and Oreos!

It is going to be a crazy week and I may not get a lot of posts up. Let's just say I am so looking forward to Friday night at home! I will be gone every night this week until at least 10 but probably later!


One last thing: Please keep Andy's Memaw in your prayers as she is battling cancer. Andy's mom is in Odessa with her and Papaw and I know that they could all use your prayers for wisdom and rest!

No comments: