Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

3 years ago

3 years ago on November 17, 2005 I made the most important decision in my life. I said Yes to Andy. I know it may be cheesy but I like anniversary's so Andy and I celebrate our engagement as well as wedding. I thought in honor of our engagement I would tell you how it happened.

I was in my last semester of college...student teaching and working as an intern at the Baptist Student Ministry. Andy and I had gotten back together in Febuary and I knew a ring was coming fairly soon. However, I had been sick all week and had not been at school or work. I finally felt a little better and I went to the weekly worship service at the BSM called Refuge.
That night after the service I was holding a meeting to talk about the upcoming mission trip to New Orleans to help with relief of Katrina.
As soon as Refuge was over I headed upstairs and got ready for the meeting. My roommate and best friend had seemed weird all day but I just thought she was mad at me or something. So with about thirty of my friends and students I started the New Orleans meeting. At the end of the meeting we were praying and I heard someone coming up the stairs but didn't think anything of it until I heard Andy's best friend say hey it's Andy. (By the way he was leaving in Houston and I was in San Marcos...so he shouldn't have just been there)
To be honest I heard Josh but I didn't really think he was telling the truth until I looked up and saw him. I started to ask what he was doing in San Marcos when I noticed something in his hand...then he got down on one knee. I don't really remember what all he said because I was crying and asking "Are you serious?" But he said something like Claire I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you...will you marry me? Of course I said YES! And well the rest is history!

But I must say the proposal was so special because all of my closest friends were there with me when it happened! The next morning we started planning and got married on July 15, 2006!

I love you Andy and am so Glad I said YES!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

three years ago i had black hair for the show i was in... i remember andy called and told me after the show saturday or friday night. OH THE MEMORIES! i can't wait to see you!