Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First Day

Savannah's first day of day care went great! She was a little angel which we knew she would be. They said that she was happy the whole day and just watched all the things that were going on.

I was so anxious for 4:15 so I could leave and go pick her up. When I arrived at the day care she was outside in a buggy just smiling and kicking. When I got up to her she looked at me and her eyes got all big and she starting talking and smiling. She knew who I was!!! On our way home she fell asleep but when we got home she talked and smiled at Andy and I for about 2 hours.

At 6:30 pm she fell asleep and was out cold until 1:30 this morning. So Andy and I figure if we can get her to start going to sleep between 8:00 and 9:00 we could have an actual full nights sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will start sleeping on a 12 hour on/12 hour off rotation. Especially if you put rice in her bottle. So, say if at 6:30pm you give her a rice bottle (which should be the last one for the day) and put her down at 7pm, then she will sleep for 12 hours. As long as she is getting two to three naps a day, the 12 hour on and 12 hour off sleep pattern will last for a long, long time. If you put her down at 9pm, then you shouldn't wake her before 9am, or else she will be fussy. These are just things I noticed with both of my girls. When she gets to 6 months, and is starting solid foods, then you REALLY will get sleep at night.

Anonymous said...

It seems no matter when I put Roland to bed, 6, 7, 8, 9... he still wakes up at the same time (4am, though yesterday it was 5am)

OH, 12 hours would be nice,lol
And we have to put rice in Roland's bottle for his GERD issues.
Right now we get 8-9 hours, then he eats and then I get about 1 more hour of sleep out of him.

How much is she eating these days? So many friends I know breastfeed, so I don't have the opportunity to really know what other formula fed babies are eating oz wise.