Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

I love my in-laws!

All I can say is I am so blessed! Since we found out we were pregnant I asked if Andy's parents would come stay a week and then my mom so that Savannah wouldn't start day care until she was two months old.


I could hardly believe last Saturday when Andy's mom and dad showed up that the time was here to go back to school. It was a very rough week...from leaving my baby to dealing with parents my first week back. But when I came home each day I was reminded how blessed I was.


Every morning when I woke up with Savannah I would bring her into the living room at 5:30 am and there would be her Pa (Andy's Dad) ready to see his baby girl! He would feed her and play with her while I ate breakfast and watched the news. About 20 minutes later when I would go get ready for the day I would leave her in the hands of her Pa and Ma. She would smile and talk to them all morning. I knew each day when I left her she was in good hands!




Well, let me just say she wasn't just in good hands she was in great hands! They did more for us than we could have ever hoped and I was so thankful to come home to Savannah and not have to worry about anything. They not only watched Savannah they did laundry, went grocery shopping, mowed our yard, cleaned my house, cooked dinner, washed dishes, and most of all loved all day on Savannah. I am so blessed and I could never say enough of how much I love them!



One of my favorite memories from the week will not be with Savannah or Andy but with my mother-in-law...or as I call her Momma Harvey! I had a bad day on Friday at school and Saturday I was very snappy with Andy which didn't make him very happy...and needless to say we weren't pleased with the other one. Andy and his dad left to go run an arron and I came out of the bedroom and there was Momma Harvey! She listened to me talk for a minute and then let me cry on her for about 15 minutes. Sometimes you just need to cry and no words will help. I have always been close to my mother in law but it is in those moments that I realized just how much I loved her! Thanks Momma Harvey and I love you very much!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your in-laws too!

Shelley said...

sweet, sweet, sweet!