Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Doctor Visit

Today Savannah and I went in for her two week check up. The doctor was very impressed with how strong she is. She holds her head up when you put her on your shoulder and she has quite the grip. Over all she looked really good...her eye has cleared up and her umblical cord is completely gone. She now weighs 8lbs 3 ounces which means in a week she has gained about 5-6 ounces. She is eating like crazy! Today she also had to get her PKU test which is where they prick her foot and draw blood. Needless to say both mom and baby were crying by the end of it. I can't stand to hear her cry like that. I told Andy that when it was time for her shots he is going with me!

On another note today Andy's department of teachers is throwing us a shower so we are looking forward to that. And this weekend Aunt Randi is coming to see Savannah so we are all very excited. We will post pictures once she is here!

I am learning so many things about Savannah and being a mom. Andy and I are also learning that "our" time is on hold for a while. Which is a little hard but I think we are going to try to go out to eat just the two of us next week. For now I love the moments when he gets home and he holds Savannah and sits next to me to talk. I am truly blessed by my husband and he is a great dad! But he did learn from one of the best!

No comments: