Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eye infection

So Savannah is a week old and that brought a challenge for Andy and I. Yesterday I noticed that her right eye was watering and had a little bit of green stuff coming out of it. Not really thinking anything of it I washed her eye and her hands and did that a couple times during the day.
But by last night I was in tears...call it emotions or whatever but something was wrong with my baby! Andy told me that in the morning we would call the doctor and we would figure it out.
When Savannah's 2 am feeding came I got up like any other time and prepared her bottle and picked her up. Only this time when I picked her up her eye was covered in green stuff and she couldn't open her eye. I cleaned it up, feed her, and then put her back to sleep. She didn't sleep that well last night which we think has to do with her eye.

So this morning I called the Savannah's doctor and she called in an ointment for her eye. She told me everything was okay as long as she wasn't running a fever and the area around her eye wasn't hot. So the plan is apply the ointment three times a day and use warm compresses to her eye. The doctor told me that she should seem much better by Saturday...if it's not we will go from there.

Pray that her little eye heals and that nothing else is wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Claire, I know that hurts you. I will be praying.

Anonymous said...

Emily had the same thing! It was a blocked tear duct. She'll be back to normal in no time :) But keep the left over ointment in case it comes back.

PS: Saw Savannah's pic on Robin's blog the other day. CUTE!