Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

She is here!





Well, Andy and I are parents! I can't begin to tell you what it means to us.


Savannah Grace Harvey came into the world on September 10, 2008 at 10:02 pm. She was 7lbs. 14oz and 20 inches long.


Labor was an interesting process but it was so worth it. Let me first start by saying the women who go through it with out any medications my hat is off to them. Andy and I checked into the hospital at 5 pm on Tuesday night. After checking me out and everything they put the cervidal in and told us to try and get some sleep. They would be back in at 6:30 the next morning to start inducing labor. Well, about every two hours or so I had to go to the bathroom so Andy and I didn't get much sleep that night.

September 10th started at 5:30 when my parents came up to the hospital. Around 7:00 the nurses started my pitocin and we were just going to begin the process. Around 10 am or so I was starting to feel the contractions so I decided to go ahead and call the Doctor because there were a lot of women in labor.

Funny thing about my body and epidurals...it doesn't like them! The first epidural started around 11 am or so. (side note: it isn't that bad getting one) I was told that around 11:30 I should be numb and feeling good. Well not so much I developed a hot spot which is where everything but one area gets numb. So at around 2pm they decided to take that one out and put in another one. This worked great and at 5 pm I was 8 cm. About 30 or 45 minutes later I began to feel more pain again. This time is was longer and hurt like crap! Andy got all of the family out of the room and the nurses and doctors gave me more meds. For about 45 minutes they watched me cry, scream, sweat, etc and finally asked me to sit up. Needless to say the epidural had fallen out! So there I was at 10 cm and feeling every bit of it! Well you know they do say third time is a charm and it was! I got the third epidural and felt so good. I pushed for about 30 minutes and then came our beautiful girl!

By the way she has Andy's hair!


How can people not believe in a GOD!!!!

No comments: